Professional & Friendly Legal Advice from the
Legal Experts and Employment Lawyers
Call us on today – 020 7381 8111
(office hours only – 09:00 to 17:00)
We provide a Fixed Fees Service! – No Hidden Surprise Extras
Hylton-Potts Legal Consultants were set up in 1999 to provide a better and cheaper legal service than Solicitors. We offer a fast and efficient service, and always strive to give good value for money. Almost without exception, all phone calls, emails and letters are dealt with the same day.
Affordable Employment Lawyers, Unbeatable Results
If you have lost your job and it wasn’t under what you think are fair circumstances, we can help you to get it back. If you have been put out of a job due to unfair discrimination, we can help you get compensated. If you are a victim or harassment, bullying, or other illegal actions in the workplace, we can help get it stopped and get you the justice that you deserve.
Hylton-Potts are expert legal consultants with specialist knowledge of employment law. We can help you sort out all kinds of employment problems quickly and inexpensively.
When there is a problem at work and you can’t resolve it simply within the workplace, it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible. The sooner you get in touch with us, the easier it will be to get the best result.
The recent cuts to Legal Aid may have caused you to become concerned where you now feel that seeking legal advice would be out of your reach. And, even if these cuts have not affected you in any way, it is still well known that many solicitors charge very high fees, but this is not something you will need to worry about with Hylton-Potts. For our entire service, most clients will only have to pay an affordable fixed fee and there are no hidden charges or nasty surprises to worry about.
We are here to help and we are totally on your side. When employers or co-workers break the rules, our job is to ensure you get your maximum entitlements under the employment laws, and to help make sure the transgression comes to a halt and does not recur. It is not fair when these sorts of things happen – everyone has a right to do their job without being subjected to any kind of unreasonable behaviour. Hylton-Potts has a highly trained team of legal experts with the knowledge and skill required to help make these problems go away. We can deal with ACAS.
Here is a list of unfair practices by employers that are commonly encountered:
- Any sort of discrimination due to gender, age, race, disability, etc.
- Condonement of bullying or harassment, especially if you have made a complaint
- Unreasonably docking pay for trivial matters
- Forcing you to pay for damage where it was not due to misconduct
- Believing accusations against you without providing a fair hearing
- Making unreasonable demands such as repeatedly asking you to work late
- Repeatedly contacting you at unreasonable hours for trivial matters
- Refusing to give you time off for a genuine emergency without a valid reason
- Requiring you to work in unsafe conditions
- Requiring you to perform an illegal act (dumping toxic waste, for example)
- Humiliating you or threatening you in front of others
- Sexually harassing you
- Physically assaulting you
- Asking you to take the blame for something done by them or another employee
- Firing you without a valid reason or for a made up reason that you know to be false
Some of the items on this list are actually crimes, and you may have legitimate grounds for civil action as well. The order of criminal and civil proceedings can be important, so keep that in mind.
If you have been a victim of any of these things, the legal consultants at Hylton-Potts can help. It is not an exhaustive list, either, so if any situation arises where you feel you may have a case to bring against your employer (or a former employer, or even a prospective employer) the best thing to do is contact Hylton-Potts on 020 7381 8111 or by email to email@example.com for a free, no obligation, and totally confidential discussion of your options and the services we can provide to you.